To Carb or Not to Carb?


Are low/no carb diets essential for fat loss?

There is NO need to remove carbs entire from your diet in order to lose body fat.

Carbohydrates are your body’s main source of energy, so you need more carbohydrates in your diet than the other two macronutrients (Fats & Proteins). During digestion, carbohydrates metabolize into glucose, a single sugar molecule that becomes the primary fuel for your tissues and cells. Your heart, kidneys, brain and muscles cannot function properly without an adequate intake of carbohydrates.

Yes, some people are carb sensitive then others, but there is no reason to go out of your way to remove probably the most delicious element of your diet.  Not to mention, in doing so, you will be removing the main source of fuel for your workouts – (can’t train hard without energy!)

Unless you have an underlying medical condition, the presence of carbohydrates won’t make you fat, nor do they hinder weight loss UNLESS you are simply eating too many of them!  The same holds true for the insulin level in carbs.  As long as you are getting a certain amount of fiber in daily the types of carbs you eat has no effect on weight loss.

So, eat healthy, wholesome carbs 85% of the time and enjoy a treat here or there the other 15% of the time. I can promise you that you will still lose weight!

While a low/no carb diet may work, the underlying reason for this occurring is because you have drastically reduced your calorie intake by eliminating an entire macronutrient from your diet and have sent yourself into a calorie deficit. Because in the end, in order to lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit, NOT omit carbs.

Removing carbs from your diet is unnecessary.  Don’t believe that dieting must be difficult and you must suffer in order to get lean.

You can have your cake and eat it too! All of my nutrition plans allow you to eat carbs and you can find them here.