For the cupcakes
1 cup warm nonfat milk (you can microwave for 1 minute)
4 tsp instant coffee granules (or 2 single packets)
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (if you want to omit this then add ¼ cup more cocoa powder)
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 large egg whites, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup sweetener of choice (I used Swerve)
½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
For the frosting
2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 servings sugar-free, fat-free instant chocolate pudding mix
1 TBS Swerve Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, and coat the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the warm milk and instant coffee until the instant coffee dissolves.
- Adding to the warm milk and coffee, whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg whites, vanilla extract, sweetener and Greek yogurt.
- Add all of the ingredients together in one bowl.
- Pour batter into each muffin liner.
- Top with sprinkles.
Each cupcake: 210 calories
14g protein, 28g carbs, 6g fat