1 pound ground chicken or turkey (93% lean)
¼ cup shredded onion
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
2 scallions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or Liquid Aminos
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons red chili paste
butter, bibb or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Place the ground turkey or chicken in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and cook until just about done.
- Add onion, water chestnuts, scallions and garlic.
- Continue to cook for another 2 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chili paste. Mix and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Place mixture in butter, bibb or iceberg lettuce leaves.
26g protein, 11g carbs, 7g fat