1 tsp coconut oil, melted
2 large egg whites, room temperature
¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
3 tbsp honey, agave or maple syrup
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups crisp puffed brown rice cereal
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 ½ tbsp miniature chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- Spray an 8”-square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and egg whites
- Add in the Greek yogurt, honey, agave or syrup, and salt, stirring after each addition until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in the rice cereal and oats.
- Gently fold in 2 tablespoons of miniature chocolate chips (use can use sugar free chocolate chips too).
- Press the mixture into the pan using a spatula, and gently press the remaining chocolate chips into the top.
- Bake at 300°F for 17-20 minutes.
- Cool completely to room temperature in the pan before slicing into squares.
These are a bit on the chewier/softer side. For a crunchier bar, bake a few more minutes and keep in refrigerator.