1 pound boneless chicken breasts, thin sliced
1 cup 1% or 2% milk
1 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
2 gloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil, season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the butter, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, until onion and garlic are soft and transparent.
- Reduce heat to low, and slowly add in milk, stirring constantly. Don’t add milk to fast or on high heat as it will curdle.
- Stir in parmesan cheese until the sauce thickens.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
Serve with rice, (cauliflower rice works well too), pasta, and/or veggies.