1 large spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
1 Tbs plus 2 tsp olive oil
1 large garlic clove, chopped
2 tbs parsley, chopped
1 tbs chives, chopped
1 tsp lemon peel
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375
- With a knife, puncture holes around squash
- Place squash on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes (for a full in depth read on how to prepare the squash click here
- Remove from oven, cut squash in half, lengthwise
- Scoop out seeds with a large spoonPlace cut side down on sheet and bake for another 30 minutes
- Using a fork pull strands of squash away from the skin into a large bowl
- In a large pan heat 2 tsp of oil and garlic, until garlic become opaque
- Add tomatoes and a dash of salt, and cook until tomatoes become soft, around 5 minutes
- Combine tomatoes with squash
- Gently toss with remaining oil, parsley, chives, lemon, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
A nice option is to add pistachio nuts! Sprinkle them over the squash at the end.
Add grilled chicken or shrimp for extra protein.
8g protein, 36g carbs, 16g fat