¼ cup olive oil
6 medium sized shallots, sliced into rings
1 ½ pounds of fresh string beans, washed and trimmed
1 pound sliced mushrooms
5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
3 cups skim milk
3 tablespoons oat flour
⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
⅓ cup parsley
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a small pan heat oil and add shallots, stirring until golden brown. When done, transfer the onions with a slotted spoon and leave remaining oil in pan.
- Steam green beans in microwave for about 8 minutes or on the stove top.
- Place mushrooms in pan with the leftover remaining oil and cook until mushrooms brown.
- Add garlic and thyme
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl
- Using a whisk combine the milk and flour until it is dissolved. Add this to the mixture into the same pan and whisk consistently until thickened.
- Turn the heat off the pan and mix in green beans and mushrooms.
- Add parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper to taste (about ½ teaspoon each).
- Place the mixture into a sprayed 9×12 baking dish and top with shallots.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese if so desired.
- Cook for about 20 minutes